Ministers in Malcolm Turnbull’s Liberal government are privately discussing how they want to make marriage equality a reality, but they’re being held back by the right wing of the party.
We need to send a message to Malcolm Turnbull that he needs to stand up to the right wing of his party and hold a free vote on marriage equality.
If we have a free vote on marriage equality, it will become reality.
So can you call Malcolm Turnbull’s office and urge him to hold a free vote on marriage equality?
Malcolm Turnbull’s Office Number: (02) 6277 7700
If you’re not sure what to say, just remember to speak from the heart about why you want marriage equality.
You can also mention:
- Love is love. Why should two adults not be able to get married if they love each other dearly?
- It’s time to stop playing political football with peoples’ love. Let’s just make marriage equality a reality.
- Australians want marriage equality, so why can’t parliament just do its job and hold a vote on it?
- Why won’t Turnbull stand up to the right wing of the Liberal party? Most Australians want marriage equality, so Turnbull should get a spine and push for what the majority of Australians want
- We don’t need a wasteful, hurtful, $300 million plebiscite on marriage equality, we need a free vote in Parliament. Mr. Turnbull, why won’t you stand up to the right wing and follow what the majority of Australians want?
- Malcolm Turnbull used to be in favour of a free vote on marriage equality, he said in 2014: “I certainly think we should have a free vote and I’ve been very public about that”. Why has he changed his mind?
Once you’ve called Turnbull’s office, could you share our petition with your friends and family?
Just send them this link: http://www.itstimeformarriageequality.org.au/