Labor’s National Policy Forum facilitates policy development and debate between the Federal Labor Caucus, ALP branch members and our affiliated trade unions.
The National Policy Forum is also responsible for preparing the draft ALP National Platform, which is debated and adopted by our triennial National Conference.
The National Policy Forum’s membership includes:
- The Leader of the Opposition, Bill Shorten MP (NPF Co-Chair);
- ALP National President, Mark Butler MP (NPF Co-Chair);
- Senator Jenny McAllister (NPF Deputy Co-Chair);
- Senator Deborah O’Neill (NPF Deputy Co-Chair);
- 20 elected representatives of the ALPs branch membership;
- 20 representatives of affiliated trade unions; and
- 20 members of the Federal Labor caucus.
For more information about the National Policy Forum, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.