Ease pressure on family budgets
Give workers a break to ease pressure on household budgets
We know middle class and working Australians feel like the economy isn’t working for them. The cost of living keeps going up, and wages just aren’t keeping up.
- Give workers a tax break – of up to $1,063 each year, instead of giving handouts to the top end of town.
- Better regulate power prices – with a new regulated capped offer protecting families and small business from price gouging by big energy companies.
- Restore penalty rates – to deliver fair pay for up to 700,000 workers.
- Level the playing field for first home buyers – by reforming tax concessions for property investors so they don’t have an unfair advantage when purchasing existing homes.
- Guarantee pensions – no changes to the pension age or rebates for pensioners.
Make quality health care affordable again
Labor believes access to health care should depend on your Medicare card, not your credit card. That’s why we will:
- End the Medicare Freeze – addressing rising out-of-pocket costs and keeping healthcare affordable.
- Cap private health insurance premiums – with increases capped at no more than 2 per cent for the next two years.
- Invest in public hospitals – with more doctors, nurses, heath staff and resources so you can get the care you need, when you need it, in our public hospitals.